Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dear Vast Skies Above,


To the sun,
My light of sultry hope
Who breaks through the clouds of conflict
Who warms cold hearts
Who evaporates puddles of sorrow rain
I say thank you,
For drying my tears of pain.

To the moon,
My luminous faith
Who stands out in a black sheet
Who replenishes the sun's absence
Who reshapes and rearrange
I say thank you,
For showing me it is okay to change.

To the stars,
My specks of sanity
Who acceptably don't shine excessively
Who are among many alike and different
Who are distant constellations invisibly sewn
I say thank you,
For showing me I am not alone.

And to all the various skies,
My trustful guidance
Who convey imminent and everlasting emotions
Who transform the depths of experience
Who care for the elements of life,
I say thank you, thank you, and thank you.

By Sarah Libassi

No comments:

Post a Comment