Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What Now?


I am so done 
Done with this life and these rules 
These walls in which i am trapped no longer and these parents 
With each argument, with each rule 
The walls get thicker, and the doors are locked tighter.

My room a is chamber 
The kitchen is a hatred radiator 
The dining room is the silence manipulator 
My parents room is Hell,
In which my happiness is dispelled 
This ain't no fairy tale,
My house is a jail. 

It's the break of dawn, 
And shortly I will be gone 
Away is where I'm running
Out the door, 
And far off somewhere stunning
With empty hands, 
I ran more than a mile of land.
My steps halted and...

I blinked my eyes in recognition 
I ran off to zero civilization 
How could my cluttered mind allow 
So I ask myself,
What now? 


By Sarah Libassi

No comments:

Post a Comment